Who it’s for
The Speakers Confluence® group course is for you if you’re a competent professional and:
- You’re expected to perform confidently, and know you can do a great job – but you don’t consistently feel that way.
- You’re in a new role where you’re seen as an expert, but can feel like an imposter.
- You need to influence to change opinions and gain action in presentations, conversations or meetings.
- You want to be able to influence / negotiate regardless of your position.
- You may be too concerned about what people think of you – and that’s frustrating.
- You want new strategies and fresh tools to persuade.
You can discuss any of these:
Giving presentations or speeches
Facilitating or participating in meetings
How the course works
- You’re given concepts, techniques, models and checklists to discuss and test.
- Deliver a short prepared presentation each week (your choice of content).
- Be videotaped, with a private link sent after the session.
- Practise a short impromptu ‘think on your feet’ talk each week.
- Lively group discussion sharing ideas and feedback to accelerate your progress.
- Get feedback from people in different industries, adding to your toolkit.
I had a great experience working with Sarah over the last couple of months on the public speaking and executive communication skills. Sarah’s knowledge of the field is extensive, and she continuously went the extra mile to address my specific questions. Looking forward to working with Sarah in the future.
What you’ll learn
The Five Pillars of Speakers Confluence®
Learn proven mindset and behavioural tools to build and maintain confidence when you need it. When you’re deflated, uncertain or need a boost.
Walk that line between “being yourself” and adapting to situation and environment. How to modify your style and be versatile when needed.
How to get back on track in real time when knocked off-course. In Q and A for example, or when ambushed in a conversation.
Demonstrate persuasive, influencing and positioning skills of yourself and your content. Learn a suite of strategies.
How to engage your audience with specific tools, plus the right amount of energy and variety. Present with presence and gravitas.
I encourage anyone looking to develop their interpersonal skills to reach out to Sarah. I cannot recommend her Speaker’s Confluence program enough as it’s helped me gain the confidence and skills to have more engaging interactions.
She has the ability to tailor courses to your specific needs so you can target and hone specific skills rather than a generic overview. 10/10 recommend!
You’ll be re-energised and engage in new ways with your presentation and communication skills, and you’ll learn techniques including:
- Understanding your own linguistic, vocal and body language styles, and how to vary them.
- Where influencing goes wrong, and how to make sure you don’t fall into common traps.
- The two lenses through which you’re judged – always.
- Signals and cues you’re transmitting, often without knowing it!
- Influence, persuasion and negotiation models and strategies – research based and proven.
- How to adapt your style to persuade other parties, without being inauthentic.
- How to influence both internal and external stakeholders.
- Influencing effectively up, down and across, even when competing for priority or attention.
Ready to go? The details:
Duration: 2.5 hours per session
Length of course: 4 weeks
Dates/time of next course:
Friday mornings 2nd – 30th Sept (no session on the 23rd public holiday)
Course fee – Early Bird until 14 August
- One-off total payment of
$1,375 incl. GST$979 incl. GST OR
- 4 monthly instalments of
$344$245 incl. GST
Sarah has helped me prepare for an upcoming conference in which I will be presenting. The entire process has been extremely helpful and I am very grateful for the assistance she has provided. I recommend to anyone looking to improve their public speaking abilities!
Course content relates to my Speakers Confluence® individual client program
After coaching individual clients in this work and being asked to run it in a small group format, this course is the result.
You get much of that content, plus:
- The ability to test and practise skills in front of others: get immediate feedback in a safe environment
- A small group experience where I can cater to your own priorities, learning needs and styles
- A lower price investment than working with me 1:1
I really struggled when I started speaking in public, and was truly awful. Self-conscious, shaky, sometimes incoherent…with mind-blanks. (More on my story here.) So I decided to learn what works – to overcome my anxiety, and ultimately to speak with authority and presence. And I’m not special: I just learned the right tools and practised. You can do this too.
Frequently Asked Questions
The next one runs from 2nd – 30th September. NOTE: no session on 23th Sept, Victorian public holiday. Friday mornings from 9.30am – 12noon.
At the Quest Apartments conference room in Mont Albert, Melbourne Eastern suburbs (near Box Hill).
Early Bird investment until 14th August: $979 incl. GST upfront payment.
OR 4 monthly instalments of $245 incl. GST. Instalments don’t cost you any more.
Regular course fee from 15th August:
$1,375 incl. GST
OR 4 monthly instalments of $344 incl. GST
No problem. If you miss a week, you get a private 30 – 40 minute catch-up session with me online to discuss what was covered, and anything else you need.
You can book with 100% confidence: I offer a full refund, move online, or transfer to the next course. You choose.
My groups are usually 4 – 7. This is small enough for specific content to achieve your outcomes of confidence and influence and tailor the content for your own needs and goals. This is a bespoke course, and my goal is always for you to get what you personally need from it.
Absolutely. I work with you at any level of confidence and presence. For you it may be small tweaks in your presence and gravitas that will make all the difference. And we’ll focus mainly on the influencing skills that you need.