SPEAKERS CONFLUENCE® Group Course
– 4 week small group course live in Melbourne
Delivered live in Melbourne, each Speakers Confluence group runs over 4 weeks to embed the tools and techniques in front of others. Learn how to speak with presence, competence and influence in any business situation, using behavioural science and psychological tools.
Who it’s for
The Speakers Confluence® group course is for you if you’re a competent professional and recognise any of these:
- You want new strategies and fresh tools to persuade.
- You have to influence others, regardless of your position.
- You’re expected to perform confidently, and know you can do a great job – but aren’t consistently convincing.
- You’re in a new role where you’re seen as an expert and need to demonstrate that.
- You need to influence to change opinions and gain action in presentations, conversations or meetings.
- You may be too concerned about what people think of you – and that’s frustrating.
We can discuss any of these:
Giving presentations or speeches
Facilitating or participating in meetings
How the course works
- You receive influence & persuasion models, techniques, tips and checklists to discuss and test. Everything from overarching models down to specific word choices.
- Deliver a short prepared presentation each week (your choice of content).
- This is videotaped, with a private link sent after the session.
- Practise a short impromptu ‘think on your feet’ talk each week.
- Lively group discussion sharing ideas and feedback to accelerate your progress.
- Get constructive feedback from people in different industries, adding to your toolkit.
I just completed a public speaking course with Sarah Denholm and I have to say, it was one of the best decisions I’ve made for my personal and professional growth. The session was interactive, with lots of opportunities to engage with each other and practice.
What really stood out to me was the balanced approach between theory and practice. Sarah did such a great job of explaining the principles of effective public speaking, but then we were given ample time to apply those principles in practice.
But perhaps the best part of the course was that it was genuinely fun! Sarah created a safe and supportive environment where we felt comfortable trying new things and taking risks.
Overall I would highly recommend Sarah to anyone looking to improving their public speaking skills.
What you’ll learn
The Five Pillars of Speakers Confluence®
Learn proven mindset and behavioural tools to build and maintain confidence when you need it. When you’re deflated, uncertain or need a boost.
Walk that line between “being yourself” and adapting to situation and environment. How to modify your style and be versatile when needed.
How to get back on track in real time when knocked off-course. In Q and A for example, or when ambushed in a conversation.
Demonstrate persuasive, influencing and positioning skills of yourself and your content. Learn a suite of strategies.
How to engage your audience with specific tools, plus the right amount of energy and variety. Present with presence and gravitas.
I would encourage everyone to reach out to Sarah if they are looking to improve and practice their public speaking skills. It is truly a skill that everyone can master, and Sarah takes you through the entire journey in a supportive and interactive environment. Sarah uses contemporary, researched models in her teaching and gives you constructive feedback with tips and tricks every week.
Not to mention, she has also connected me with the most incredible group of individuals where we can all continue to share and grow together. I cannot thank Sarah enough, and it is one of the best decisions you can make for your own personal and professional development.
You’ll be re-energised and engage in new ways with your presentation and communication skills, and you’ll learn techniques from behavioural science and psychology including:
- Understanding your own linguistic, vocal and body language styles, and how to vary them.
- Where influencing goes wrong, and how to make sure you don’t fall into common traps.
- The two lenses through which you’re judged – always.
- Signals and cues you’re transmitting, often without knowing it!
- Influence, persuasion and negotiation models and strategies – research based and proven.
- How to adapt your style to persuade other parties, without being inauthentic.
- How to influence both internal and external stakeholders.
- Influencing effectively up, down and across, even when competing for priority or attention.
Ready to go? The details:
Sarah has helped me prepare for an upcoming conference in which I will be presenting. The entire process has been extremely helpful and I am very grateful for the assistance she has provided. I recommend to anyone looking to improve their public speaking abilities!
Course content relates to my Speakers Confluence® individual client program
After coaching individual clients in this work and being asked to run it in a small group format, this course is the result.
You get much of that content, plus:
- The ability to test and practise skills in front of others: get immediate feedback in a safe environment
- A small group experience where I can cater to your own priorities, learning needs and styles
- A lower price investment than working with me 1:1
I really struggled when I started speaking in public, and was truly awful. Self-conscious, shaky, sometimes incoherent…with mind-blanks. (More on my story here.) So I decided to learn what works – to overcome my anxiety, and ultimately to speak with authority and presence. And I’m not special: I just learned the right tools and practised. You can do this too.
Frequently asked questions
7th Oct – 28th Oct. Saturdays 9.30 – 12noon.
2024 dates TBA
At the Quest Apartments conference room in Mont Albert, Melbourne Eastern suburbs (near Box Hill).
Early Bird investment until 30th June: $979 incl. GST upfront payment.
OR 4 monthly instalments of $245 incl. GST. Instalments don’t cost you any more.
Regular course fee from 1st July:
$1,397 incl. GST
OR 4 monthly instalments of $350 incl. GST
No problem. If you miss a week, you get a private 20 minute catch-up with me online to discuss what was covered, and anything else you need.
My groups are usually 6 – 8. This is small enough for specific content to achieve your outcomes of confidence and influence and tailor the content for your own needs and goals. This is a bespoke course, and my goal is always for you to get what you personally need from it.
Absolutely. I work with you at any level of confidence and presence. For you it may be small tweaks in your presence and gravitas that will make all the difference. And we’ll focus mainly on the influencing skills that you need.